Summer is the time for potlucks, backyard parties, barbecues and picnics on the beach. A satisfying salad like this Lentil, Arugula and Quinoa Salad is a meal in itself. Mangoes, red onion, lemony green arugula, lentils, quinoa, and a tangy dressing, this salad is full of healthy and delicious ingredients.
Lentil, Arugula, Mango and Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup cooked quinoa at room temperature
- 1 cup of cooked lentils at room temperature
- 6 cups arugula leaves
- 1 large mango peeled and diced
- 1 avocado peeled and diced
- ½ red onion sliced
- ½ English cucumber diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to your taste
- Toss the cooled quinoa with the rest of the ingredients. Taste and add more salt if desired.
- In a small bowl mix all the dressing ingredients and add to the salad. Toss and serve room temperature or cold.
If you're going to a 4th of July party this year, bring this crowd pleasing salad. For this Lentil, Arugula, Mango and Quinoa Salad recipe, I used mixed quinoa because it's what I had on hand, but feel free to use a traditional white quinoa instead.
Serve it as a side dish or with wedges of pita bread as a light appetizer, or add shrimp or chicken and serve it as a main dish.