Every day I get some of the most beautiful emails from my readers telling me stories behind the recipes that they’ve tried from my site. I also get regular requests for some of the more popular Colombian dishes that I don’t yet have listed on my site, such as this Chuleta de Pollo recipe. I apologize it took me this long to post the recipe for you guys, I hope that it was worth the wait 🙂
Chuleta de Pollo (Colombian-Style Breaded Chicken Breast) is a very simple dish popular at restaurants in Colombia and is often found on menus in Colombian restaurants here in the United States as well.
This Chuleta de Pollo recipe is very easy to make, the only secret is to pound the chicken breast very thin and marinate it for at least 3 hours or overnight. I personally prefer to marinate it overnight for a more flavorful dish.
Try this recipe and I am sure you and your family would absolutely love it!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded very thin (about 1/4” thick.)
- 1/2 cup of aliños sauce
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Place the chicken in a large plastic bag with the aliños sauce, turning the bag to be sure the chicken is covered. Let it marinate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- In a shallow dish, place the milk, beaten eggs, cumin and salt. Set aside. In another shallow dish, season flour with salt and pepper. In a third shallow dish, season breadcrumbs with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Meanwhile, pat chicken dry with paper towels. Coat in flour, shaking off excess, then dip in egg mixture. Dredge in breadcrumbs, turning twice and patting to adhere.
- Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet and cook until chicken is browned, about 4 minutes. Turn it once with tongs, cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes more. Between batches, remove excess crumbs from the oil with a slotted spoon.
- Drain chicken on paper towels. Season with salt and pepper and serve.