This post is also available in Spanish
Do you want another way to enjoy the wonderful avocado? How about a cool, creamy glass of Fresco de Aguacate! This Avocado drink is popular in Buenaventura, a coastal seaport city located on the Pacific side of Colombia.
This Fresco de Aguacate is deliciously thick and creamy, and trust me, it doesn’t taste like guacamole 🙂
You can also make this Fresco de Aguacate using coconut milk and adding pineapple or mango. That is not the traditional way to make it in Colombia, but it’s a delicious and healthy alternative.
(2 to 4 servings)
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar or to your taste
- 3 cups of milk or to your taste
- Crushed ice
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour your drink into glasses and drink immediately.