Meet my new favorite quesadilla. I made this pear quesadilla for my husband last week and he absolutely loved it! I served it over a bed of arugula drizzled with balsamic vinegar. I really hope that you all try this one. It is one delicious dish:).
- 4 small tortillas
- 2 ripe pears, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- Balsamic vinegar
- Toss the pears with the brown sugar in a small bowl. Heat the butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pears in a single layer and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate and let it cool.
- To make the quesadilla: On a work surface, spread 2 of the tortillas. Sprinkle the gorgonzola cheese over the bottom of each tortilla. Add the pears evenly on top of the cheese, then top with pecans. Top with another tortilla.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray over medium heat. Carefully place 1 quesadilla in pan and cook 2 minutes. Using a spatula, gently flip the quesadilla and cook an additional 2 minutes until lightly browned and cheese is melted. Repeat with second quesadilla. Serve warm over arugula drizzled with balsamic vinegar.
- I want to thank Gina from Simply Life for A giant bear hug award.