This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with The Idaho Potato Commission & Society Culinaria. As always, thank you for reading and supporting brands with which I work, as it helps support My Colombian Recipes.
A summer cookout or picnic would not be complete without a good potato salad to go along with those burgers and hot dogs. My favorite thing about potato salads are their versatility. You can add your favorite ingredients and have a different dish every time you make it. If you are going on a picnic, or hosting or attending a cookout this summer, I’d like to offer you a delicious suggestion, Potato and Shrimp Salad with Cilantro and Lime Dressing.
I used red Idaho® potatoes for this recipe, but any variation of potato will do. Idaho potatoes have more than 27 varieties of potatoes from which to choose to make your salad. This is a great opportunity to experiment! It also would be delicious with chicken instead of shrimp or roasted poblano instead of sun-dried tomatoes.
The dressing is comprised of cilantro, garlic, lime juice, sour cream, and a touch of mayonnaise, used as an accent, instead of the usual main ingredient. It results in a salad that is perfectly dressed, moist and a little creamy, but not at all thick or overpowering. Also, you can switch the cilantro for parsley if you are not a big cilantro fan, or combine them.
If you want to switch things up from a traditional potato salad, this Potato and Shrimp Salad with Cilantro and Lime Dressing recipe may be the one for you. If you’re a fan of potato salad and cilantro, you must try this recipe. I’d bet you’ll love it, too!
- 3 pounds of Idaho® red potatoes, peeled, diced and cooked
- 1 pound cooked shrimp
- 1 cup roasted or cooked corn
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 5 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 to 2 limes
- To make the dressing, place the mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, cilantro lime juice, salt and pepper in the food processor or blender. Mix well until everything is combined.
- Place the cooked potatoes, cooked shrimp, corn and sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl. Add the dressing and mix well. Chill until ready to serve.