Cacique asked if I would be interested in taking part in a recipe contest along with some other wonderful food bloggers. The contest entails creating a dish that includes their Cacique Longaniza, Cacique Dos Quesos Blend and four more ingredients from a set list of ten different ingredients. I immediately said yes, accepting this challenge for two reasons. One, I love Cacique products and two, I find challenges like this loads of fun! If you are not familiar with Cacique, they have an extensive line of Mexican style cheeses, creams, chorizos and yogurt smoothies.
This Longaniza Taco Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette is hearty and colorful and can be served as a main dish or side dish! Not only is this taco salad light and bright, it’s also quick and easy to prepare, which is perfect for warmer days when you don’t want to be stuck in a hot kitchen, laboring over the stove for long periods of time when there is sunshine to enjoy.
The salad consists of lettuce, tomato, corn, carrots, radish, cilantro, longaniza, cheese, corn tortilla chips and is tossed in a tangy and sweet dressing made with lime juice and honey.
Visit the Cacique site and follow them on Facebook and Instagram where you will find recipes for your family made with delicious Cacique products.
This post is sponsored by Cacique while all opinions are my own, as always. Thanks to all the companies and readers who help support My Colombian Recipes.
- 2 servings
- 2 Cacique Longanizas, cooked and sliced
- 1 cup of Cacique Dos Quesos Blend
- 1 head Green Leaf Lettuce, shredded
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup of corn, (frozen and steamed or canned)
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut in your favorite way (I made ribbons)
- 3 radish, sliced
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 cup of corn tortilla chips, crushed slightly
- Fresh cilantro to your taste
- First, make the dressing by combining the honey and lime juice in a bowl and stirring together. Set aside.
- To assemble the salad, pile the lettuce, longaniza, tomatoes, cheese, corn,avocado, radish, carrots, cilantro, and chips on a big platter or serve it in individual bowls.