This post is also available in Spanish
I posted a rice with cola recipe when I started this blog, as this is one of my favorite side dishes for entertaining. One of my aunts always made this rice for our family parties and I loved it. My husband is not a big fan of raisins and that is why I always made it without the raisins, but yesterday I made it for lunch and I decided to add the raisins…he didn’t complain 🙂 This Rice with Coca- Cola and Raisins (Arroz con Coca- Cola y Pasas) with It is sweet and sticky and delicious.
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 cups Coca-cola
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablet chicken or vegetable bouillon
- 2 tablespoon butter or oil
- 3 tablespoon chopped scallions, plus more for garnish
- ½ cup raisins
- Place the rinsed rice in a medium saucepan. Then add the butter, coca-cola, water, chicken or vegetable bouillon, raisins and scallions.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Stir once, cover, reduce the heat to low, and cook for 20 minutes, remove the pan from the stove and let it sit for 5 minutes. Fluff the rice using a fork and serve immediately.