Rice with Coca Cola is a delicious and easy side dish. It's perfect to serve with beef, pork or chicken.
To make Rice with Coca-Cola you will need
Long Grain White Rice: Be sure to wash the rice well to remove the some of the starch, this allow the rice to be fluffy. If you’d like to use brown rice for this recipe, increase liquid by ½ cup and cook for about 40 minutes, following the same cooking instructions.
Coca Cola: Use regular coke, diet coke doesn't give this rice the sweetness that I like.
Oil: I like to use canola or vegetable oil for this recipe rice, but butter also works well.
Chicken Bouillon: Granules or cubes, this adds flavor to the rice. If you prefer substitute with vegetables bouillon.
Water: Or use chicken broth, if you want to omit the chicken bouillon.
Scallions: Add more flavor and texture to the rice.
Rice with Coca-Cola Recipe
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 ½ cups coca-cola
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablet chicken bouillon
- 2 tablespoons butter or oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped scallions
- Place the rinsed rice in a medium saucepan; then add the butter, coca-cola, water, chicken bouillon and scallions.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Stir once, cover, reduce the heat to low, and cook for 20 minutes, remove the pan from the stove, and let it sit for 5 minutes. Fluff the rice using a fork and serve immediately.
Arroz con Coca-Cola (Coca-Cola Rice) makes a delicious accompaniment to roasted pork or roasted chicken. This dish is very popular in Colombia and I remember my aunt serving this rice in every celebration.
Plain boiled long grain white rice is eaten by most people in Colombia every day, but for entertaining this particular recipe for Arroz con Coca-Cola is very easy to follow and simply delicious. Serve it as a side dish with your favorite protein, stuff it into a burrito, or use it as the base of a burrito bowl.
You can keep this rice in the fridge in a sealed container up to 2 days. This Rice with Coca Cola is sweet and flavorful, elegant enough to serve on a dinner party or just for a weeknight meal. This rice recipe is one of my favorite ways to make rice.
More Side Dishes to Make with Rice