Shrimp Deviled Eggs
- 5 eggs
- 4 cooked shrimp diced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and ground pepper
- Paprika and cilantro for garnish
- Put the eggs in a saucepan and half fill with water. Set over medium heat. When the water bubbles gently, reduce the heat to low and cook for 15 minutes.
- When the eggs are cool enough to handle, take them out of the water. Carefully peel off the eggshell.
- Put the eggs on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, cut each egg in half lengthwise. Use a soup spoon to scoop the yolks out of the eggs and into a bowl. Put the egg white halves on a serving platter and set aside.
- Add the mayonnaise, onions, cumin, lime juice and mustard to the bowl with the yolks. Use the spoon to mash them all together into a paste. Add the shrimp and season with salt and pepper.
- For each stuffed egg half, sprinkle on paprika and fresh cilantro. Serve immediately.
The first time I ate deviled eggs was about nine years ago, when I first came to the United States. I never heard of this delicious and simple appetizer while living in Colombia. For those who have never heard of Deviled Eggs, they are hard-boiled eggs, cut in half and filled with the hard-boiled egg's yolk, mixed with different ingredients.
They are simple and easy to make and a great picnic food. There are many variations of this egg dish. I made Shrimp Deveiled Eggs and they were fantastic, I could not stop eating them.
ooh wow!!! nice pic..looks so delicious..
Shrimp and eggs are one of my favorite combos!
I am heading right into the kitchen to boil some eggs! Love them, and what a great idea to add shrimp!
I don't these very often but when I do, I always enjoy them. Great idea to add shrimp to the mix.
Deviled eggs are so addictive, aren't they? I've never had them with shrimp before....sounds like a fabulous idea!!
Gera @ Sweets Foods Blog
Here they're called huevos rellenos - I didn’t know the name in English - love them with shrimp! 🙂
I love deviled eggs and yours look delicious, especially with the addition of shrimp!
I'm with Kim on this one.Addictive. I too have never tried them with the diced shrimp, though I see them on recipe sites all over the web. A must try at least once.
I don't remember when I first had deviled eggs and it's been a long time since I last had them. But they are delicious! I love the shrimp in your version. 😎
Amy @ cookbookmaniac
They look fantastic! I like the height of the fillings! Most of the decilled eggs I see are quite plain. This looks like it is standing up and ready to sing! Nice one.
Shrimp is a great addition to the classic appetizer! Like your photo too.
Thank you everyone!
Wow, this looks so good I think I have to make them Right now!
I never would have thought of combining shrimp in the eggs. that does give a nice and different touch.
Baking is my Zen
Gorgeous photo! I never thought to put fish & eggs together like this.
We have deviled eggs on a regular basis - I've made crab deviled eggs before but never shrimp. I need to correct that oversight!
Very nice. I'm going to give it a go. Wish me luck!