We love Italian food in my house! I fell in love with Spaghetti and Shrimp Fra Diavolo when I had it at an Italian restaurant a couple of years ago. Since then, I’ve wanted to create my own version at home.
I used my Simple Tomato Sauce for the base and it was fantastic in every way. It was satisfying, filling and comforting. It’ll covers your cravings for seafood, pasta and spiciness, through and through.
(About 4 servings)
- 1 pound cooked spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups of tomato sauce
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Season the shrimp with salt. Heat the olive oil in a sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add the red pepper flakes and shrimp. Cook for one minute, stir and keep cooking, about 1minute more.
- Add the tomato sauce and wine. Cook for about 8 minutes. Add the fresh basil. Season to taste.
- Toss the pasta with the sauce and serve.