What’s more comforting than this Baked Eggs with Chorizo for breakfast? Not much for this homegrown Colombian!
Every day when I wake up I don’t crave waffles, pastries, French toast, cereal or granola. I want to eat eggs, arepa, bacon, cheese, chorizo and mushrooms. The more savory and hearty, the better.
This Cazuela de Huevos con Chorizo is a very simple dish, but absolutely delicious, comforting and satisfying. It can be serve for breakfast, lunch or a light dinner. I hope you enjoy this dish as much as I do!
- 1+1/2 cups of hogao or Colombian Style Creole Sauce
- 2 Colombian chorizos, sliced
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro
- Arepas for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat a pan with oil, add the chorizo slices and brown both sides. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Brush 2 small baking pans with oil. Divide the hogao and chorizo slices equally among the pans and press gently the chorizos into the bottom.
- Top each with two eggs and place on a baking sheet. Bake for about 12 to 13 minutes or until the egg whites are cooked and the yolks are still runny. Sprinkle fresh cilantro and serve warm with arepa or bread on the side.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...