This is a delicious way of cooking chicken as the lime juice gives it an extra kick. The chicken breast remains moist, while the skin remains crispy and flavorful.
- 4 chicken breast, bone in, skin on
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh ground pepper
- ½ cup honey
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Rub the chicken breast with olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken skin side down in a baking dish and cook for 30 minutes. When the chicken is cooking, in a small bowl mix the honey, lime juice, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Pour the honey mixture over the chicken breasts and continue cooking for another 10 to 15 minutes or until tender and the juices run clear when a skewer is inserted into the thickest part of the meat.
- Remove the chicken to a serving platter and let it stand for 5 minutes then serve.