Salmón con Salsa de Alcaparras (Salmon with Capers Sauce)
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 6 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons of white wine
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- In a large nonstick saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter with the olive oil.
- Place the salmon in the pan and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides about 4 minutes per side, 8 minutes total.
- Transfer the salmon to a plate, cover with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Add the wine, lemon zest and juice. Cook for 3 minutes more.
- Add the capers and season with salt and pepper. Top the salmon with the sauce and serve warm.
This Salmon with Capers Sauce is delicious and easy enough to make as a weeknight meal. If you're not into salmon, just use your favorite fish. This delicious sauce would be fabulous on whatever you pour it, such as chicken, turkey, tofu or pork.
I served the salmon on top of white rice with avocado salad and it made for a fantastic meal.