These Ripe Plantains are very easy to make and delicious. The are stuffed with a flavorful ground beef filling.
Ripe Plantains Stuffed with Meat Recipe
- 4 ripe plantains
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 4 slices of mozzarella cheese optional
- Fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup beef broth
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro or parsley garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
- Peel the plantains, place them on a baking sheet and rub them with butter.
- Bake the plantains for 20 minutes, then turn them and bake for another 15 minutes or until golden on both sides.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: In a medium pan, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the red pepper and cook onion until soft. Add the chopped garlic and cook until almost golden.
- Add the cumin, salt and pepper. Add the ground beef, beef broth and tomato sauce. Cook for about 20 more minutes.
- Remove the plantains from the oven, make a horizontal slit on the middle of each plantain, and stuff them with the meat mixture.
This dish is simple and easy to prepare, and most importantly, it is absolutely delicious! The sweetness of the ripe plantains works perfectly with the meat and spices.
This is a wonderful dish to enjoy on a weeknight. I love the way all the flavors come together in perfect harmony.
More Ripe Plantain Recipes