The days have been sunny and hot around here lately and not yet too humid. Wonderful days to be outside and enjoy a delicious, light salad with plenty of fresh colorful ingredients, like this Orzo and Feta Salad.
This dish makes excellent summer food, ideal as part of a casual lunch or even packed for a picnic. Buen provecho!
- 1 pound cooked orzo
- 1 english cucumber, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup feta cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 cups of spinach or arugula
- In a large bowl, place the cooked orzo, cucumber, tomatoes and feta cheese.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing on top of the salad and toss to combine. Serve.