White Bean Soup (Sopa de Frijoles Blancos)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 scallion chopped
- 1 small carrot peeled and chopped
- 2 cans white beans drained
- 5 cups chicken beef or vegetable stock
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- Cooked bacon for garnish
- Heat the oil in a medium pot, add the onions and carrots, cook for 3 minutes, add the garlic and scallions and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the beans, stock, cumin, salt and pepper. Cook for about 30 minutes over medium heat. Add the cilantro and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth. Return to the pot and bring to a boil. Remove the pot from the heat and serve warm.
Don't you just love soups that are simple and quick to make? Soups like this White Bean Soup, that are easy to prepare, nutritious and full of flavor, seem too good to be true 🙂 It is always welcome in my home to be prepared when pressed for time. This white bean soup is delicious and comforting. Enjoy!