Fettuccine with Chicken and Asparagus
- 1 lb dried fettuccine
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 lb asparagus cut into 2 inches pieces
- 4 cups chicken shredded rotisserie chicken
- ⅓ cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Red pepper flakes optional
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta until al dente, tender but still slightly firm.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet over medium heat, melt 3 tablespoons of butter and olive oil. Add the onions and cook for about 2 minutes. Then add the asparagus and cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Remove the asparagus and set aside.
- Add the garlic to the skillet and cook for 30 seconds, stirring often. Add the remaining tablespoon of butter, cream and lemon juice and bring to a simmer. Lower the heat to keep the mixture warm.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the chicken, pine nuts and asparagus. Drain the pasta in a colander and reserve some of the cooking water. Add the pasta to the cream mixture and toss with the cheese. If the pasta mixture has become thick, thin it with some of the reserved cooking water. Add red pepper flakes and serve immediately.
While I was growing up, my mom used to make a delicious spaghetti with leftover shredded chicken dish. It was one of my favorite meals as a kid and this dish was inspired by her recipe.
I added some additional ingredients, such as asparagus, pine nuts and lemon juice. This fettuccine with asparagus and chicken tastes fantastic, is easy to make and is kid friendly. It is also great way to use your leftover chicken.
Oh I love this dish! asparagus and pasta go so well together! 🙂
mmm...simple a delicious! the best
The fettuccine dish looks so great! Flavourful yet light!
Yum, perfect comfort food...it looks delicious!
Thank you everyone for the comments!
So creamy and delicious. I love the idea of asparagus with fettucine alfredo!
My boyfriend, who was looking over my shoulder, just said, "Wow, that looks good." and I have to agree.
That is a perfect looking plate! Pasta, veggies, chicken and cheese, yum!
I will definitely have to add asparagus next time I make fettucine alfredo! It looks perfect!
Mmmm I love asparagus and great addition to fettuccine alfredo.
Looks lovely, I have never had Asparagus with Fettucine, one to try for sure!
Thank you all for visiting 🙂
Delicious Erica! I love the pine nuts and asparagus in this pasta dish.
Merry Christmas to you!
loving your news years resolution and this recipe!
Merry Christmas sweet Erica
This fettuccini looks yummy and amazing - perfect for a nice holiday meal. Thanks for sharing.
Natasha - 5 Star Foodie
Sounds so delicious with the addition of asparagus!
Christine @ Fresh Local and Best
This pasta dish looks wonderfully comforting and delicious with the creamy sauce, different textures and bright touch from the lemon juice. It looks great!
Ok, this looks amazing! We are always looking for more ways to eat asparagus! Thanks for the new idea.
Oh my. I would love to make this, but I know that if I did, I'd eat the entire thing myself. I love my pasta! Still, I'm bookmarking this recipe...I just don't know what's good for me, do I?
Chinese Food Recipes
Wow, the cooking method of this dish is great, I'll try it later and I hope it tastes the way it look. Thanks for sharing!
my family loves asparagus and pine nuts. what a great idea to serve them in a fettuccine.
Thank you everyone for the wonderful comments!