Seafood and Chicken Paella
- ½ cup olive oil
- 6 Spanish chorizos
- 4 chicken tights
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 ½ cups Arborio rice
- 12 littlenecks clams cleaned
- Salt and pepper
- 6 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup chopped flat parsley
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Large pinch saffron threads
- In a large paella pan over medium heat, add the olive oil and the chorizo. Sauté for 5 minutes or until the chorizo is brown. Remove and set aside.
- Rub the chicken pieces with paprika, salt and pepper and add to the paella pan. Sauté for 4 minutes on each side or until brown. Remove from the paella pan and set aside with the chorizo.
- Add the onions and garlic to the paella pan and sauté for about 7 minutes or until translucent. Add the rice and stir to coat.
- Add the chicken stock, stir and cook for about 15 minutes. Add the chicken pieces, chorizo and saffron, cook for about 10 more minutes.
- Add the shrimp and clams, give the paella a good shake and cook for 10 minutes more. Add the peas and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the parsley and decorate with lemon wedges. Serve.
Paella is one of my favorite dishes to cook when entertaining. Not only is it delicious but it’s a one-pot dish which makes for simple preparation and easy clean-up.
My sister-in-law and her family came to visit from Virginia this summer. I made this paella for them at an early diner party with a green salad on the side. It was a hit, everybody loved it! Even my vegetarian husband couldn’t take his eyes off of it :). Enjoy!
That is one beautiful plate of food! I love spanish chorizo, but it is so expensive here, like $10 per link!! It looks delicious Erica : D
It's mouth-watering !!!!!!!
Paella looks gorgeously yummy!!!
U know wat,i had this seafood Paella, for the first time when we took a cruise to Bahamas recently.
I was against the idea of eating it ,but my foodaholic husband wanted me to taste it.
So i agreed ,wow!! it was good,It is kin of similar to The Biryani ,we make
Erica i have sent you the mail
What a beautiful photo and the dish sounds delish. I will share with my foodie friends on Facebook.
I love seafood and I'm always looking for a new way to create seafood meal. This looks like a great one!
My daughter gave me a paella pan for Christmas and I still haven't used it! This sounds really good!
loovee seafood!! m drooling all over my keyboard! yumm!!
WOW, that looks like my absolute favorite meal! IMPRESSIVE!!!!
Natasha - 5 Star Foodie
Delicious looking paella! I have yet to make one at home, hoping to do that soon!
Thank you all so much for the comments!!!
I love paella it's so festive, Yours looks delicious.
Erica, Que paella mas rica! Looks beautiful!!
This looks really yummy!!!!
this looks really wierd!!! eveen though i said it looks yummy. haha
Thank you everyone for visiting my blog!
Nothing beats a good paella and this one looks awesome!
I love the food Erica, but the ingredients are spelled wrong, nothing against you, (my mom spoke only french when I was born, so i've been correcting her english for years now)
"4 chicken tights"
Should be "thighs". I know I know, nit picking, and this dish looks AMAZING and I plan on making it soon. =)
Yes I have tried something similar, but this has quantities that make sense
Kristy V. Jackson
I love seafood. Thanks for sharing this amazing recipe.