Chuletas Rellenas de Manzana (Pork Chops Stuffed with Apples)
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops each about 1 ½ inches thick
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ⅓ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 apples
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- Preheat an oven to 400°F.
- Take two apples, peel, core and dice. Set aside the other two for use later.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, warm the butter. Add the onionss and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the red bell pepper, garlic and cumin and cook, stirring frequently for 1 minute.
- Add the apples and cook about 2 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and fold bread crumbs. Season with salt and pepper. Let the stuffing cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season the pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper. Insert a sharp paring knife into the side of a chop opposite from the bone, making a long slit along the curve all the way to the bone. Wiggle the knife to form a large pocket. Repeat with the remaining chops. Stuff each chop with stuffing, using your fingers to help pack it into the pocket. Cut the other two apples in half.
- Place the chops on a baking sheet and top each pork chop with half an apple, place in the oven and roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the stuffing registers 160°F, about 20 minutes.
- ransfer the chops to a platter, cover loosely with aluminum foil and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve with your favorite side dish.
Have you Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @mycolombianrecipes and tag #mycolombianrecipes!
Today I want to share another delicious fall recipe with you. The stuffing for the pork chops is essentially onions, garlic, red bell pepper, apples and bread crumbs. If you are a meat-fruit combination fan, like me, you will love this dish. It is a fabulous, sweet and savory dish.
This recipe looks delicious. I love the combination of flavors.
Have a great Sunday 😀
Lea Ann Brown
I think this looks wonderful. And yes, I'm a meat/fruit fan. My friend just gave me some wonderful apples from his tree...perfect timing for this recipe.
I like the savory-sweet meal and pork and apple go so well together. Very nice presentation.
beautiful presentation. I love apples and pork chops
The combination of the pork and apples is quite nice. Beautiful pictures and a tasty meal.
Jenn AKA The Leftover Queen
What a wonderful seasonal recipe!
no doubt about it--pig and apples belong together. this is a unique and tasty way to combine them!
Pork chops and apples are wonderful together. This is a lovely recipe, Erica. I really like the presentation with the apple on top!
wow yummy love the combo of pork and apple
Savory-sweet is always great combo, classic pork with apple that I adore it 🙂
5 Star Foodie
An absolutely terrific pairing of pork chops and apples - an excellent meal!
Delicious combination, it looks fantastic. I'm a big fan of pork. And this recipe looks like a keeper. Thank you Erica.
Erica - I way behind on commenting and just read your post about being pregnant with your second child. Congratulations to you and your family! That is wonderful news. Best wishes for a very happy and healthy pregnancy.
Your pork chops with stuffed apples look unbelievably delicious!
Polish cuisine offers fruit/ meat combinations. I've made something similar, and it is delicious. I think this would be really tasty.
This sounds yummy. Do you think it could be made with pork loin instead of the chops?
Beth- You can use pork loin!
Thank you guys!