I don’t like staying in the kitchen for hours after cooking the main course making dessert, so I prefer simple desserts for entertaining. These Sweet Condensed Milk Bars or Cocadas de Lechera are the perfect dessert for entertaining.
I wish you all a happy Pascua (Easter) with your families and friends. Hope you enjoy the warm, spring days a head. Have fun with the egg hunts!
(About 12 cocadas)
Cooking spray, to prepare the pan
1 can (14 oz ) condensed milk
5 cups sweet shredded coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray an 8 by 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
3. In a medium bowl mix the coconut and sweet condensed milk until well combined.
4. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Wet your fingers and lightly press the mixture evenly into the pan.
5. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, until very lightly browned.
6. Cool for at least 1 hour before cutting into squares. Serve at room temperature.