This macaroni salad is so good, you can even serve it to pasta salad haters! It’s simple to prepare, satisfying, and it makes a fantastic alternative to the classic American macaroni salad. It is great for picnics and potlucks.
My version of this American favorite includes many of the flavors I love in a salad. Corn, carrots, peas, cilantro, red onions and the creaminess of the avocado dressing, creates a wonderful texture.
I hope you all have a lovely weekend, filled with lots of cooking. Buen provecho!
- 1/2 pound of elbow pasta, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup cooked corn
- 1/2 cup cooked peas
- 1/2 cup cooked and diced carrots
- 1/4 cup shredded red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Juice of 4 limes
- 2 tablespoons of heavy cream or sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of chili powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, stir together the pasta, corn, peas, carrots, onion, and cilantro & set aside. To make the dressing: Put all the ingredients in a blender, process until well mixed.
- Pour the avocado mixture over the pasta mixture and stir until well combined, or serve the dressing on the side.
- Adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.