This particular tart is an idea that has been brewing in my mind for quite a while. I’m sure I could have made this post infinitely more popular by adding the word “bacon”to the ingredient list, but that’s the great thing about Tarts, it’s so easy to add or omit ingredients to suit your tastes. I guarantee you won’t miss the meat in this tart.
(Serves 4 to 6)
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
4 oz cream cheese
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 large zucchini, sliced
1 large potato, peeled and sliced
1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
1/2 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 cup asiago cheese, shredded
1 cup fresh spinach
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat an oven to 400˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the potatoes and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and season with salt and pepper.
3. Spread the cream cheese evenly over the pastry and top with the sliced potatoes and sliced zucchini. Sprinkle fresh thyme, parsley and asiago cheese on top.
4. Place the tart on the prepared baking sheet and bake until puffed, 10 to 13 minutes. Remove from the oven.
5. Garnish with fresh spinach. Cut into pieces and serve immediately.