Bacalao con Salsa de Coco y Choclo (Cod Fish with Coconut-Corn Sauce)
- 4 cod fillets
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 cup frozen corn thawed
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 2 cups coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon ground thyme
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Fresh cilantro
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat the butter and oil. Add the red pepper flakes, onion and garlic and cook until soft. Add the corn and cook for 5 minutes. Add the stock and coconut milk. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and cook uncovered for 10 minutes. Place the mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a saute pan, heat some olive oil. When the oil is smoking hot, add the fish. Saute for 2 minutes and flip over. Return the mixture to the pan and heat over medium-low heat. Add the fish to the sauce and cook for about 8 minutes more, until the fish is cooked all the way through.
- Serve over white rice and garnish with fresh cilantro.
Have you Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @mycolombianrecipes and tag #mycolombianrecipes!
I can't even begin to describe the amazing flavors of this dish. The thyme, garlic and corn work so well with the fresh cilantro, cod fish and sweet coconut milk. This is an easy weeknight meal packed with flavor. Serve it over white rice to soak up the delicious sauce, and drizzle with lime juice.
I had a momentary pause there where I literally daydreamed about this combination. Want it. Please.
I LOVE the sound of that sauce! I would have a hard time not just drinking it.
Platanos, Mangoes and Me!
I can just imagine the taste of this fish....rico!
Something I have not tried before, pairing corn ad coconut to make sauce...looks really creamy and delicious!
wow this looks amazing one to bookmark
I love this recipe. In Brazil, we have a lot of codfish recipes, but none with coconut milk. It's something that i'll have to try . Keep up the good work...xx
Can this be made with another protein as well? My dad is allergic to fish but I can make it for the rest of the family and change his protein. Would you recommend one?
I made this dish, but use tilapia fish and it was really delicious!
Hi Erica, I was making this recipe and I noticed that there were no instructions as to what to do with the thyme and cumin. Could you please review it? Thanks!
When do you add the cumin and thyme?