You can never have too many soup recipes, especially this time of year, and a bowl of soup with spinach, carrots and potatoes, really hits the spot.
We all really liked it here, I had 2 bowls full of this creamy and delicious soup. What a great combination of ingredients! This soup makes for a quick and easy lunch.
Buen provecho, everyone!
3 Tablespoons of butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 carrots, peeled, diced
6 cups vegetable or chicken broth
2 large white potatoes, peeled and diced
4 cups spinach
2 tablespoons chopped dill
1/4 cup heavy cream, plus more for drizzling
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a medium pot over medium heat, melt the butter and olive oil.
2. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute more.
3. Add the carrots, broth and the potatoes, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the spinach, and continue to simmer for about 10 minutes more.
4. Using a food processor or blender, process the soup to a smooth puree. Return the soup to the pan. Add the cream and season with salt and pepper.
5. Ladle the soup into bowls. Drizzle with cream and serve immediately.