This is a sponsored post on behalf Tropical Cheese®, however all opinions are my own, as always.
To celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month, this year I partnered with Tropical Cheese® to share one of my favorite dishes, Arepa with Cheese, Chorizo and Chimichurri Sauce. For me, food is the perfect way of preserving my culture, no matter where I live. Sharing my Colombian heritage and wonderful childhood memories from Colombia, with others is very important to me. Growing up, food was the center of life in our family. We went to my Mamita’s every weekend and she cooked wonderful Colombian meals that have remained family favorites decades later.
I am very excited to work with a company that I really love and whose products I’ve used since I moved to the United States 20 year ago. Tropical Cheese® offers products that help families share their Latin heritage through food by providing the ingredients to make traditional recipes like this delicious Arepa with Cheese, Chorizo and Chimichurri Sauce. This is a very simple dish, but full of flavor, and perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Visit the Tropical Cheese® site to find more recipes, learn more about their products, and how to order online for doorstep delivery.
Arepa with Cheese, Chorizo and Chimichurri Sauce
- 4 Tropical Cheese® arepas cooked
- 4 Tropical Cheese® Colombian chorizos cooked and sliced
- 5 oz Tropical Cheese® Colombian Style Fresh Cheese crumbled
- Chimichurri sauce:
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to your taste
- To prepare chimichurri: Place all the chimichurri ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to a container.
- To assemble: Place the arepas on a serving plate, top with crumbled cheese and cooked chorizo. Drizzle chimichurri sauce on top of the chorizo and serve immediately.