We Colombians love our breakfast and we have a variety of dishes to start the day. This Scramble Eggs with Cilantro dish is one of them. As I mentioned before in my post about “Cilantro“, this herb is one the most important ingredients of Colombian cuisine. I absolutely love its flavor.
This egg dish is creamy and really delicious and if you like cilantro as much as I do, you’ll enjoy this dish!
- Serves 4
- 8 large eggs
- Salt and pepper to your taste
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons cream cheese
- In a bowl, using a fork, beat together the eggs, cream cheese, salt and pepper until blended.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, melt the butter, reduce the heat to low. Add the beaten eggs and cook, stirring several times, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cilantro, stir and continue to cook just until the eggs are done, about 3 minutes more.
- Spoon the eggs onto a platter and serve immediately with arepa or bread on the side.