I always have tuna cans in my pantry because tuna is one of my favorite foods to use for a quick and simple lunch. Sometimes I even just place the tuna on a plate, add chopped tomato, salt, pepper and squeezed lime juice, and that is my lunch!
This tuna dip is an easy and simple appetizer and was popular at my family parties in Colombia. We would serve it with an assortment of raw vegetables or spread it on delicious crostini.
This is a great party dip that you can make a couple of hours ahead of time. Enjoy!
- 2 (5 oz) Cans tuna, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 tablespoon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- ¼ cup crème fraiche o crema de leche
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- Place all the ingredients in the food processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle fresh parsley on top. Serve with crostini or fresh raw vegetables.