These coconut candies are popular in Brazil and I highly recommend them. They are absolutely delicious. If you like coconut as much as I do, you may eat a dozen or so of these Beijinhos de Coco.
They are easy and simple to make and have amazing flavor!
(Makes about 12)
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus more for your hands
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes, plus more for decoration
- Place all the ingredients in a medium sauce pan over low heat and cook for about 12 to 15 minutes, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the mixture on a greased baking pan. Let it cool for at least 1 hour.
- With buttered hands, make equal size small balls with the mixture. Roll each beijinho in the coconut flakes.
- Place in baking paper cups and store in the refrigerator overnight before serving.