Serve this delicious and comforting meatless cabbage dish without mentioning that it’s vegetarian and nobody will miss the meat, I promise It’s so tasty you’ll even be asked for the recipe by meat lovers, like me.
Served it with white plain rice on the side.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Salt and pepper
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 large white potato, peeled and diced
- 1 small cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Juice of half a lime
- 2 cups frozen peas
- In a large saute pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the pepper flakes, onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ground cumin, curry powder and cook, stirring, about 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable broth, coconut milk, tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Add the potatoes, cabbage and shredded coconut. Cover and cook about 30 minutes. Add the lime juice and peas. Stir well and cook for 2 minute more. Serve warm on top of white rice.