Do you remember these Colombian-style figs? The other day I made a huge batch of them and I had too many to eat, so I made this tart with what I had left over. It was easy to prepare and really, really good.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, cut into 6 pieces
- 1 cup cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup queso fresco or Colombian fresh cheese(quesito)
- 1 cup arequipe or dulce de leche
- 3 brevas or Colombian style figs, cut in half
- 1 beaten egg
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the puff pastry pieces on the baking sheet.
- Mix the cream cheese and queso fresco in a small bowl. Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the pastry, leaving about 1 inch border.
- Add arequipe on top of the cheese and place half fig on top of the arequipe.
- Brush the edge of the tart with the egg. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...