I love tuna and sometimes when I don’t feel like cooking I just open a can of tuna, ad some fresh squeezed lime juice and chopped tomatoes and that is my lunch. The other day, however, I got I little fancy and added more ingredients to my tuna salad 🙂
This is a simple and delicious pasta and tuna salad. You can use frozen peas and carrots if you don’t have fresh at home.
- 1 pound bowtie pasta (Farfalle)
- 4 (6 oz) cans white tuna, packed in water
- 1 cup fresh peas, cooked
- 1 cup fresh carrots, diced and cooked
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup finely chopped white onion
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- Boil the pasta in salted water until al dente and drain well.
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- I would like to thank Nora at “NORA THE KITCHEN ‘SPLORER” for the Honest Scrap award.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...