Not only is this Guava Bread Pudding sweet, golden and delicious, but it’s versatile too. You can have it for breakfast, a mid-afternoon snack, or as a dessert.
This bread pudding turned out fantastic and it is best served warm. If you can’t serve it right away, heat it up before you do. It is wonderful with vanilla ice cream on top.
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups diced one day old white bread (about 7 slices)
- 1/2 cup diced guava paste or bocadillo
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a baking pan.
- Mix together sugar, eggs, heavy cream, vanilla and milk in a bowl.
- Pour over cubed bread and let sit for 15 minutes. Add the guava paste and mix well.
- Pour bread mixture into prepared pan and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until set. Remove from oven.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...