Panna Cotta is a classic Italian dessert that is very easy to make and absolutely delicious. I woke up craving a coconut dessert, so I decided to make a coconut version of Panna Cotta, by adding some coconut milk and topping it with a home made rapsberry sauce. The best thing about this dessert is that you can make it one day ahead, so it is great for entertaining.
Coconut Panna Cotta
- Panna Cotta
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 4 tablespoons water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- Cooking spray
- Rapsberry Sauce
- 1 pin fresh rapsberries
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- To make the panna cotta:
- Place the cream, coconut milk and sugar in a sauce pan. Stir often until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and add the coconut extract.
- In a medium bowl place the gelatin and add the water. Stir well until combined.
- Add the coconut milk mixture to the gelatin and stir well.
- Using cooking spray, grease 6 ramekins & set aside.
- Pour the panna cotta mixture into the ramekins. Place in the refigrerator for at leats 4 hours or until ready.
- To make the rapsberry sauce:
- Place all the ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-low heat and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.