Pudin de Pan y Guayaba (Guava Bread Pudding)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups diced one day old white bread about 7 slices
- ½ cup diced guava paste or bocadillo
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a baking pan.
- Mix together sugar, eggs, heavy cream, vanilla and milk in a bowl.
- Pour over cubed bread and let sit for 15 minutes. Add the guava paste and mix well.
- Pour bread mixture into prepared pan and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until set. Remove from oven.
Have you Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @mycolombianrecipes and tag #mycolombianrecipes!
Not only is this Guava Bread Pudding sweet, golden and delicious, but it's versatile too. You can have it for breakfast, a mid-afternoon snack, or as a dessert.
This bread pudding turned out fantastic and it is best served warm. If you can't serve it right away, heat it up before you do. It is wonderful with vanilla ice cream on top.
I love the sweet flavor of guava...I would have never thought of using guava paste in bread pudding...It sounds delicious.
Lyndsey - The Tiny Skillet
This looks amazing...and oh so tempting. Funny I was just looking at my package of guave paste wondering what to make with it this time! Pefect!
What lovely recipe Erica, a bread puding with guayaba I love guayaba, look and sounds delicious!! gloria
what a flavorful bread pudding, erica--it's the very best way to make use of old bread!
Oh Erica....you always know how to speak to my heart. I miss guava a lot and use it in a bread pudding is genius. Looks so yummy.
What a glorious idea! Love guava paste and will remember this next time I am making bread pudding, plus it is so easy!
I love this recipe, 100% recommended, I am actually eating it at the moment…just a little advice wait till the guava paste gets a bit cooler otherwise you will burn your tongue (too late for my boyfriend :b) Thanks Erica! Following your blog from Australia!
Thank you for the comments!
I just love this recipe but I also add Colombian cheese to it and it’s absolutely fabulouso!!! I use your recipes almost daily