A couple of weeks ago I woke up craving homemade hummus, so I decided to make some. When I was getting all the ingredients ready, I noticed a jar of roasted peppers next to the tahini. So, I made roasted pepper hummus and it was fantastic!
I enjoy making dips like this for a quick snack because they are healthy and easy to prepare.
- 1 can garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons tahini
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch chili powder
- Place the garbanzo beans and garlic in a food processor and mix for about 20 seconds.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process to form a smooth paste.
- Serve or store in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...