As you know, I love soups, and while growing up in Colombia, there were delicious soups made daily at our house.
There are those simple dishes that you want to make because you need comfort food and because it reminds you of what your mom or grandmother used to make when you were a kid. Soups are that kind of food for me. I love to serve this soup with white rice, sweet plantains, and a tomato-red onion salad on the side.
- 2 pounds pork ribs, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup aliños
- 6 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup dried lentils
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the lentils, water, aliños, carrots, and pork ribs. Slightly cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add the potatoes. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes more or until the lentils become tender but not mushy.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add fresh cilantro and serve with white rice, sweet plantains, salad, and hogao on the side.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...