Grilled Pork Fajita Style Soft Tacos
- 2 pounds pork loin sliced into thin strips
- Good quality pork spice rub seasoning We used Great American Spice Company Hog Tale Rub
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 2 large vidalia or other sweet onions quartered into eighths
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 warm tortillas
- Monterey Jack Colby Jack or Cheddar Cheese
- Good quality store bought fresh salsa we prefer Jacku2019s Special Salsa
- Fresh bunch cilantro chopped
- Sour cream
- Generously season pork loin strips with Hog Tale Rub or other good quality pork spice blend. Let sit at room temperature for 1-hour. While the pork is marinating, slice the bell peppers, and quarter the onions. Place the peppers and the onions into a large bowl and toss with olive oil until evenly coated.
- In a grill pan or basket, first place the pork loin and top with the pepper-onion mixture. Sprinkle a generous amount of pork seasoning.
- Heat grill to high and places basket or grill pan to cook on direct heat for 12-15 minutes. Using tongs toss the mixture frequently until the vegetables are lightly roasted and the pork is no longer pink. Remove the grill basket or pan from the heat. Set aside.
- Place the flour tortillas directly on the grill grates for approximately 10 seconds on each side.
- To serve, place the pork, pepper and onion mixture, cheese, salsa, sour cream and cilantro into the warm tortilla and fold over.
Guest posting today and sharing her delicious recipe is Velva Knapp from “Tomatoes on the Vine”. Velva has a beautiful blog filled with fantastic recipes. Thank you, Velva, for being here!
We often purchase a large pork loin from Costco, to cut-into chops and roasts for several meals. We often cut the last pound or so into thin strips to make tacos or fajitas.
For these tacos we used a sweet and spicy pork seasoning blend from to flavor the pork for this kicked-up version.
This is one flavorful and healthy way to serve up soft tacos, fajita style at your house.
Sounds pretty good to me! Love cilantro.
COZY KITCHEN BY THE SEA
THESE LOOK FANTASTIC.
I like it, especially the tip about slicing up the end of the pork loin. I already do that with chops and roasts but hadn't thought to chop some up for this or even stir fry.
I love Velva's site!! I often buy pork loin but never think to make tacos with it. I love this quick and easy idea and so would my family 🙂
This would make a great dinner at my place! Looks so good!
i usually have chicken or beef in my tacos, but now i'm craving some pork! really lovely meal. 🙂
Baking is my Zen
* If your interested in my COOKBOOK GIVEAWAY, go to my blog, Baking is my Zen for details.
I am a huge fan of southwestern cooking. These look amazing, the only change I would do is to use the cilantro in the main dish as well as the salsa.
Erica, this is fantastic- I want two please, and I am making them for hubby! He loves his pork, although I began a flexitarian eating style, alternating meats once a month, he could eat it 24/7!
Fantastic recipe, as we too love fajitas. We always buy large cuts of meat and do our own butcher at home portions. Also love the name of the spice rub.
Thanks Erica and Velva.
Oh yum, these tacos just sound amazing and a great way to end the day. Erica thanks for introducing me to Velva. What a treat!