Bread Pudding with Dulce de Leche Sauce
- 1 cup dulce de leche or arequipe
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 tablespoon of rum
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups diced one day old white bread about 6-7 slices
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a baking pan.
- Mix together sugar, eggs, heavy cream, vanilla and milk in a bowl.Pour over cubed bread and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Pour bread mixture into prepared pan and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until set. Remove from oven.
- To make the sauce, place all the ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- To serve drizzle with the Dulce de Leche sauce.
Have you Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @mycolombianrecipes and tag #mycolombianrecipes!
Would you like to know what my idea of heaven smells like? Make this Bread Pudding with Dulce de Leche Sauce and you will know! I can't wait to make this again.
Take me to heaven if it smells like this!
Wow that looks absolutely stunning! Anyone who says they don't like bread pudding is totally missing out on this!
Hmmm...the only hard part for me is deciding whether to eat the bread pudding warm or cold. I love it both ways! The dulce de leche sauce looks mouth watering.
Yum, I adore bread pudding and adding dulce de leche seems like the perfect idea!
I love bread pudding too and pearing it with dulce de leche sounds like a fine idea!
I can smell it from here..Oh Erica this is so decadent....
The bread pudding with dulce de leche looks divine! I would love a scoop of ice cream with it.
You naughty girl, you! If bread pudding wasn't bad enough, you've put a killer sauce on top! Oh my. This looks divine!!
this is great--that sauce would compliment and improve just about anything!
This sounds super good. I've had something similar in Miami Beach at a Cuban bakery and it was divine. Yours looks even better.
An Argentinian lady friend, myself along with two other friends had the dulce de leche bread pudding after dinner tonight, it took us over an hour to return to earth, this is one of the most sinful and delicious desserts we all have ever had... Thanks for the recipe.
Erica, I love you bread puddings ... I've noticed that some of your puddings have heavy cream and some have sweet condensed milk, does it matter with what you use, for ex. for Guava Bread pudding says heavy cream and the original bread pudding does not just condensed milk.. can I use either or?
Hi Karina- The guava bread pudding doesn't have sweet condensed milk, because I used guava paste and it it very sweet! But you can used it and omit the sugar.....I like to play with my recipes 🙂