Chocolate Bark and a Merry Christmas
- 12 ounces good dark chocolate chopped
- 12 ounces good white chocolate chopped
- ½ cup roasted peanuts
- ½ cup crushed peppermint candy
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup dried coconut
- Melt the 2 chocolates in two different heatproof bowls set over a pan of simmering water or in the microwave.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Pour the melted dark chocolate over the paper and spread with a spatula in one baking sheet.
- Pour the melted white chocolate over the paper and spread with a spatula in another baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the toppings of your choice over the chocolate. Set aside for 2 hours until set. Break into pieces.
Here's an easy to prepare, last minute, homemade treat to give this Christmas. I made these Chocolate Barks to bring to my sister-in-law's house last Christmas, but I didn't have time to post the recipe, so here it is a year later! I love these barks. They are very easy to make, versatile, and they make a great gift.
I made two kinds, white chocolate barks and dark chocolate barks, and added a few different toppings, some bark with one ingredient, and some with four! In other words, you can be creative with the toppings listed, or if you don't like my toppings, feel free to use your favorite nuts or dried fruits.
Love, peace and prosperity to all. Have a very merry Christmas!
Your chocolate bark looks lovely!! I hope you had a happy holidays!
these look great hope your christmas was lovely
Jenn and Seth
Happy holidays Erica! your bark looks fantastic!
chocolate bark is great because there are so many ways you can top it! i like all your varieties and i hope you had a great christmas. 🙂
Erica, I made these bars for el dia de los reyes magos this weekend and they are so easy to make and delicious. I changed some of the toppings.