Colombian-Style Chicken Wings with Cilantro and Mint Sauce
- 2 dozen chicken wings rinsed and patted dry
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup beer
- 5 scallions chopped
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- ½ cup scallions
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 cups cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Place the vegetable oil, beer, scallions, garlic, cumin and onion in the blender and blend until smooth consistency.
- Season the chicken wings with salt and pepper. Place the wings in a bowl and add the marinade on top. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lay the wings in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes or until the skin gets crispy and the wings are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place all the cilantro sauce ingredients in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Transfer the wings to a serving plate and serve with cilantro sauce on the side.
Have you Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @mycolombianrecipes and tag #mycolombianrecipes!
These baked Colombian-Style Chicken Wings are fantastic and the perfect snack when watching a football game or a good movie. They are simple to make and will make your house smell amazing!
Can you skip the mint?This looks wonderful!
Francijoe- Omit the mint or replace it with parsley or basil.
Thank you, I dont like the mint here in Cali. its just so small!!!
That scallion-cilantro sauce looks so good. I'm so sad I don't have any.
Swapna Raghu Sanand
Wow, that looks so delicious and the flavors of mint and coriander will make it even more yummy.
I love the sound of that sauce! I'm pretty sure I could just eat that with a spoon and be pretty happy
A Canadian Foodie
What a beautiful recipe: simple to make (relatively), looks stunning and sounds delicious!!! Can you suggest a substitute for the cumin. I love it. V doesn't...
I bet that these would absolutely rock on a grill too.
Greta marinade and they look perfectly cooked. I am with Chris imagine them being cooked on a grill.
this would be an awesome alternative to deepfried wings. I love the all the fresh herbs and citrus flavours
that sauce is amazing, erica!
These are a beauty, Erica! And healthier than the American counterparts. Keeping this for a Sunday afternoon.
I imagine that sauce would be PERFECT! Thanks for an awesome recipe.
I can't believe these wings were baked. They look so fantastic (and I'm loving all that garlic in the recipe too).
Thank you everyone for the comments!
I'm making these tonight. They are marinating while I am at work. So excited to try them with this sauce!