Enyucado is a traditional Colombian dessert made with shredded yuca, cheese and anise. It's popular in the Atlantic coast of the country.
What is Enyucado?
It is a traditional recipe from The Atlantic coast of Colombia. It is a cake made with shredded yuca, cheese, coconut and star anise seeds and is sweet with a wonderful texture.
I receive a lot e-mails from my readers asking me when I will be writing about certain favorite traditional Colombian recipes and this Enyucado is one of them. So, here is the recipe everyone. It was really easy to make and absolutely delicious.
I hope you enjoy it.
Enyucado Recipe (Colombian Style Cassava Cake)
- 3 cups shredded yuca or cassava
- 11/2 cups queso fresco grated
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- ¾ cup grated coconut
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon ground star anis
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl place all the ingredients and mix well.
- Place the mixture in a buttered baking dish and bake for about 45 to 50 minutes or until golden browned. Let cool, cut into squares and serve.