Patacones con Camarón y Aguacate (Fried Green Plantain with Shrimp and Avocado)
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 small ripe avocado cut into ½ inch pieces
- ⅓ cup salsa rosada
- ¼ chopped fresh tomato
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Make 12 Patacones or fried green plantains, cover with foil and set aside.
- In a small pot, over medium heat cook the shrimp until they are pink.
- When the shrimp is cooking in a medium bowl, whisk together the salsa rosada, lime juice, onion, tomato, salt, pepper, avocado and cilantro. Top each patacon with the salad and serve.
These traditional Patacones topped with a delicious shrimp and avocado salad are very easy to prepare and ideal to serve as a delicious snack at any time of the day.