Pumpkin with Coconut and Curry
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 4 cups diced pumpkin
- 1 can coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut plus more for garnish
- Heat the vegetable oil in a medium sauce pan. Add the onions and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and pumpkin and cook for about 2 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Add the coconut milk, cumin, curry, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the shredded coconut, stir and cook for 2 minutes more. Serve immediately.
Have you Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @mycolombianrecipes and tag #mycolombianrecipes!
What to do with so many pumpkins and butternut squash? Of course you can make pies and soup, but how about something different? Here is a simple and delicious side dish made with pumpkin.
It's fall here in the Northeast and there are pumpkins everywhere. It is hard not to cook with them. I have to confess that it is the first time I cooked with pumpkins and I loved it!
A simple and delicious dish. Bookmarked!
I love anything with curry in it.
Pumpkin with coconout!! Erica sounds deicious, love coconut! and pumpkin! nice recipe! gloria
Never thought about pumpkin and coconut!
lovely recipe and it is lovely to see a new recipe for pumpkin I added some to cous cous really nice
Christine @ Fresh Local and Best
Oh this looks like such a fantastic recipe! I like the contrast of sweet from the pumpkin with the savory spice of cumin.
I like the combination of the coco and pumpkin. You added a little tropic to fall.
sounds delicious!!! will cook and eat soon
Jenn AKA The Leftover Queen
What a beautiful fall dish! I agree it is impossible not to cook with pumpkins these days!
MMMMMMMMMMMM,..I am going to make it this eveing as a lovely side dish! thanks!
I've never cooked with pumpkin, except for canned! Looks delicious, love it with the coconut, and there's a lot of nice flavors going on in that dish!
I came over to visit from Tomatoes on the Vine and I'm glad I stopped by, you have a delicious site!
I feel so boring - I never would have paired pumpkin and curry but I am tasting it in my head and nodding, "yes!"
Love the sound of this curry and it is so seasonal and perfect with the pumpkin. Cannot wait to try.
Thank you everyone for your comments!