Black Bean Patties
- Olive oil
- 2 scallions finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons onions finely chopped
- 1 can 15 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 beaten egg
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 tbs of olive oil. Add the scallions, garlic, onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and slightly charred, about 10 minutes.
- Place the beans in a food processor and add the onion mixture. Process for about 20 seconds.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Shape the mixture into patties. Arrange the patties on a plate and refrigerate for 45 minutes, or cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium. When itu2019s hot, fry the patties, turning once, until lightly crisp, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
I love all sorts of bean dishes. They are my favorite food on earth and as a result, I have countless bean recipes. I've never eaten bean patties before though, so a couple of weeks ago I made Black Bean patties for dinner and they were delicious, nutritious and versatile!
We all loved these patties. Make these for your vegetarian friends or family members, they are going to love them. I served them with rice and vegetables on the side, but if you prefer, you can make some vegetarian burgers with them.
oh love black beans very cool
This looks delicious! Great recipe.
yummm, looks delish
Black bean patties are a favorite of mine as well! These look like they are packed with some serious flavor!
ohhh that sounds really good....I love black beans and I think they would be great fried up like that...just delicious!
Love, love, love black bean patties - these little beauties sound amazing.
I've been looking for a good bean burger recipe -thanks!
I have made these before and they are quite delicious...I will add your recipe to my veggies colection.
Jenn AKA The Leftover Queen
These look great, Erica! I love my beans too - endless things to do with them!
First time visiting your blog. It is beautiful. I love latin food. These patties look delicious. I will be following.
I love bean patties and yours look great! Perfect meal for a night when I don't feel like eating meat!
I wish I'd come by earlier to and seen this - my sister, who is vegetarian, was visiting this weekend and it would've been wonderful to make her a black bean burger on the grill! But black beans are also my husband's favorite (he loves them in feijoada), so he and I will definitely enjoy them!
...or with una ensalada de aguacate or with a nice salsa. Yum.
How tasty and satisfying! I look forward to making this one!
Baking is my Zen
Great recipe. I love black beans...and with Panko Bread Crumbs...YUM!
Sounds like you and I are bean buddies- LOL! Beans are one of my very favorite foods too. These bean patties look delicious. I bet your husband likes them as well!
I love beans myself. I would these patties as alternative to traditional meat patties. If I recall, your husband is a vegetarian and no doubt enjoyed these patties too.
Thank you all for the comments!
black beans are on top of my bean list--i love them in all forms. patties are a convenient way to get a proper dose. 🙂
Your black bean patties look like real winners!! Yeah!
MMMMMMMMM,...a real delight for the tastebuds!