Whole Wheat Pasta with Pears, Walnuts and Gorgonzola Cheese
- 1 pound of whole grain rotini or other short pasta
- 3 tablespoon of butter
- 3 Asian or Bosc pears halved, cored and cut into small pieces
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- ¼ cup of finely chopped onions
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of gorgonzola cheese crumbled
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup walnuts lightly toasted
- 1 bunch small leaved arugula stems removed
- 4 fresh basil leaves chopped
- Bring salted water to a boil in a large pot. Add the pasta and cook according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the pear and lemon juice, and toss to coat the pear evenly to prevent them from turning brown.
- In a sautué pan over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add the pears and sugar and caramelize. Set pears aside on a plate.
- Add the remaining butter and onions and saute until tender. Add the cream and reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 1 minute. Add ½ a cup of the cheese and whisk until smooth, about 1 minute more. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the pears, walnuts, arugula and basil and stir. Drain the pasta in a colander, add to the sauce and toss well. Add the remaining cheese and serve immediately.
Have you Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @mycolombianrecipes and tag #mycolombianrecipes!
Whole Wheat Pasta with Pears, Walnuts and Gorgonzola Cheese is a recipe that has been kicking around my head for a while and I'm so excited to finally be sharing it with all of you. It’s always a joy to share something that turned out even better than I had anticipated!
It's versatile and easy to toss together, which makes it a great weeknight dish. Buen provecho!
Sounds delicious Erica. Must try it soon.
What a fantastic combination - hearty walnuts and that sweet-tartness...dinner tonight?
I'm really started to like pears, especially when cooked. I know I'd adore them in this pasta!
Really like this.Very healthy and extremely tasty!
I'm not a pear eater but this recipe certainly looks delicious enough to tempt me to try!
Thank you, guys!