- Vegetable oil
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled, cooked and mashed
- 1 can 15oz black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh cooked or frozen corn thawed
- ¾ cup queso panela
- 8 corn tortillas
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- Salsa for serving
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 dried árbol chili or to your taste
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
- In a large fry pan over high heat, warm the olive oil. Add the garlic and chili and sautué until just golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the cumin and sautué until fragrant, about 30 seconds more. Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper and the broth. Stir and cook over medium-low heat for about 15 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender, process the sauce mixture to a smooth puree, in batches if necessary. Return the puree to the pan and set over medium heat for 5 minutes more & set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large fry pan over medium heat. One at a time, heat the tortillas in the hot pan until softened, about 20 seconds per side.
- Lightly oil a baking dish large enough to hold 8 enchiladas side by side.
- Place sweet potatoes, beans and corn, down the center of a tortilla, sprinkle the filling with 2 Tbs. of the cheese and 2 tablespoons of sauce. Roll up the tortilla and place it in the dish, seam side down. Repeat until you have formed all 8 enchiladas.
- Drizzle the reserved sauce over the top of the enchiladas and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake the enchiladas until the filling is bubbling and the cheese is melted and golden, about 20 minutes. Carefully transfer 2 enchiladas to each of the 4 plates, garnish with and fresh cilantro and serve immediately.
Have you Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @mycolombianrecipes and tag #mycolombianrecipes!
I needed to use up a few ingredients that I had on hand before going shopping again. So, I ended up throwing together what might become a new favorite meal of mine. A delicious meatless enchilada!
Serve it with a green salad on the side and enjoy!
My Colombian Recipes is my new favoritest foody site (and foody Facebook page).
-- An American in Saudi Arabia
Lyndsey ~The Tiny Skillet~
Erica these look amazing! My daughter would really love these. I always have fresh corn tortillas on hand and enchiladas are a favorite! I never would of thought to use potatoes in it. Yum!
I know your husband was a happy man with this dish. Something to try for my client.
This IS clever!!
I have never had a meatless enchilada before but I know these would rock. Alexis would just go nuts for these because she loves sweet potatoes.