Gazpacho Soup (Cold Spanish Soup)
- 3 cups very ripe tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups cucumber peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- ½ cup green pepper seeded and diced
- ½ cup red pepper seeded and diced
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt or more if you like
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons red pepper seeded and finely chopped (for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons cucumber finely chopped (for garnish)
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until you have a smooth mixture.
- Adjust seasoning and transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until very cold, at least 3 hours.
- To serve, divide the gazpacho in bowls or cups and garnish with cucumber and red pepper.
This colorful soup is very easy to make and would make a great first course for a summer party. There are many variations, but this is a traditional Gazpacho.