Hummus (Garbanzo Beans Dip)
- 1 can chickpeas garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- ¼ cup water
- 5 tablespoons of Tahini
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Cilantro for garnish optional
- Place the garbanzo beans and garlic in a food processor and mix for about 20 seconds.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process to form a smooth paste.
- Serve or store in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Calories: 584kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 14gFat: 54gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 19gMonounsaturated Fat: 25gSodium: 1196mgPotassium: 411mgFiber: 4gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 56IUVitamin C: 22mgCalcium: 119mgIron: 4mg
Have you Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @mycolombianrecipes and tag #mycolombianrecipes!
Hummus is one of my favorite dips and I usually just buy it store made, but it’s always good to make it at home as it’s easy and you can adjust the taste to your liking.
I love hummus need to stop being lazy and make it from scatch he he
Natasha - 5 Star Foodie
Very nice! I've never made hummus at home myself yet.
Thanks for your comment. I love hummus. We make it often for snacks.
Mine too! I love hummus & make it using flavors in it too. It is such a versaltie thing to have.
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE hummus! Yours looks so deliciously creamy!
where do you buy tahini in the United States?