Hummus (Garbanzo Beans Dip)
- 1 can chickpeas garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- ¼ cup water
- 5 tablespoons of Tahini
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Cilantro for garnish optional
- Place the garbanzo beans and garlic in a food processor and mix for about 20 seconds.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process to form a smooth paste.
- Serve or store in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Hummus is one of my favorite dips and I usually just buy it store made, but it’s always good to make it at home as it’s easy and you can adjust the taste to your liking.