Mushroom Quesadilla (Quesadilla de Champiñones)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 6 oz Portobello mushrooms chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 ½ cups grated Monterey jack cheese
- 8 small flour tortillas
- In a medium sauce pan heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic. Cook about 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Add the mushrooms, thyme, salt and pepper and cook for about 7 minutes more.
- On a work surface, spread 4 of the tortillas. Sprinkle the Monterey jack cheese over the bottom of each tortilla. Spoon evenly the mushroom mixture on top of the cheese, then top with provolone and mozzarella cheese. Top with another tortilla.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray over medium heat. Carefully place 1 quesadilla in pan and cook 2 minutes. Using a spatula, gently flip the quesadilla and cook an additional 2 minutes until lightly browned and cheese is melted. Repeat with second quesadilla. Serve warm.
Calories: 637kcalCarbohydrates: 36gProtein: 28gFat: 43gSaturated Fat: 19gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 1019mgPotassium: 385mgFiber: 4gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 1104IUVitamin C: 12mgCalcium: 717mgIron: 4mg
Have you Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @mycolombianrecipes and tag #mycolombianrecipes!
I love to make quesadillas, mainly because they are versatile. You can play with so many of your favorite ingredients and create an absolutely delicious quesadilla. I made this mushroom quesadillas tonight for dinner and my husband loved them. It is a great vegetarian dish. Enjoy!
oh wow I am so loving this one Rebecca
oh Wow!! my Fav!! they look gorgeously yummy!!!
Wow ! I love mushrooms !!! Perfect recipe 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀
Wow- I love the looks of this and the combination of cheeses!
Thank you all for reading my post 🙂
Good job for doing it in a skillet...great toasting.
The melting out cheese has really made me crave for some quesadilla...
I love quesadillas and with mushrooms! Does it get any better?
In the past I thought making quesadilla would be too difficult for me but now I have the courage to try, love your recipe. Thanks!
Thank you everyone for the comments!
I love quesadillas and mushrooms, so these have to be the best! And yours look gorgeous!
Oh yum, these look amazing!
Whenever I am making Quesadillas for me only i always use mushroom ( & roasted red pepper) .. But i use pepper jack cheese. Love the use of herbs in it.
mmm....mushrooms and cheese!! I've discovered that I love grilling my quesadillas
Thank you everyone for visiting my blog 🙂
Doesn't say when they parsley goes, not attentive, gaps and holes