Pasteles de Jamón y Queso (Ham and Cheese Pastries)
- 1 package frozen puff pastry sheets thawed
- 24 slices of leftover or deli ham
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs beaten with 1 tablespoon of water
- Preheat an oven to 400°F.
- Roll out each puff pastry sheet until it measures about 10 by 12 inches. Cut each pastry sheet into 12 almost-square pieces. Top each piece with cheese and a 1 ham slice.
- Brush the edges of the pastry pieces with egg mixture, then fold each piece in half. Press the edges together to seal.
- Place the pasteles on a baking sheet, spacing them about ½ inch apart. Brush the tops with the egg mixture.
- Bake the pasteles until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a plate and serve.
Today I am sharing a simple recipe with you guys called Pasteles de Jamón y Queso. It is one of my favorite snacks and very popular in Colombia.
When it comes to pastries, I love recipes that are simple to make, and with store-bought ingredients, to make it easier and faster. This Pasteles de Jamón y Queso recipe is exactly what I like, because you can use store-bought pastry dough.
Pasteles de Jamón y Queso are sold around the country in bakeries (panaderias), school cafeterias and coffee shops. They are great for breakfast, school lunches, snacks or even lunch.